Gender Identity Politics at Anoka-Hennepin School District
March 23, 2017 Last Monday night the Anoka Hennepin School Board meeting was packed and the testimony was strong in support of privacy rights of students.The question before the A-H Board: Should students who don’t identify as their biological sex be permitted to undress and shower in the same bathrooms, locker rooms and showers with students of the opposite biological sex? [continue reading…]
Links to a Few of the Anoka Hennepin School Board Testimonies and Resources
- Child Protection League testimony, Michele Lentz
- Parents Action League testimony, Barb Anderson
- Letter from Liberty Council, Mary McAlister
- Letter from Alliance Defending Freedom, Doug Wardlow
- American College of Pediatricians letter to New London-Spicer School Board
- MN School Board Association, Guidance on Transgender Issue, March 7, 2017
- North Star Law & Policy Center, Renee Carlson, Esq, (To hear her testimony, click on the video below and go to 1:10:47.)
- Dr. Olson Testimony
- Hands Across the Aisle, Emily Zinos
- Gender Dysphoria in Children, Michelle Cretella, MD
All of the testimony may be viewed on the school district’s website. (March 20th, “Communications, Delegations & Petitions.”)
Response Statement from Anoka-Hennepin School Board
March 23, 2017
At this time the Board plans to follow the advice of the Minnesota School Board Association (MSBA) on creating another policy at this time. MSBA has recommended that creating a separate model policy dealing with bathrooms and locker room protections for transgender students, without clear legal decisions from the courts, State Legislature or US Congress is premature.
Our long standing practice has been to work with the individual student and/or parent request on a case by case basis to ensure privacy for all students.
We will remain committed to providing a safe and respectful learning environment and to providing an education that respects all students and families.
Chair, Anoka-Hennepin School Board
Governor Doubling Down on Obama Transgender Policy
March 10, 2017: Last month, in a major course correction, President Trump withdrew the Obama administration’s threat to withhold federal funding if schools don’t comply with gender inclusive policies…The Governor and the Department of Education are exerting even greater pressure on districts to adopt the now-rescinded Obama policy. […continue reading]
FACTS ABOUT YOUTH
Facts About Youth is a resource created by health professionals to provide policymakers, parents and youth with the most current medical and psychological facts. Read the letter to Superintendents from the American College of Pediatricians introducing this website. [Download Letter]
Letter from Dr. Michelle A. Cretella
This letter to the Superintendent the New London-Spicer School District and to members of the of the New London-Spicer School Board from the American College of Pediatricians, the American Association of Physicians & Surgeons, the Christian Medical & Dental Associations, and the Catholic Medical Association clarifies that the belief that transgenderism is innate is not based in science, that affirmation of gender dysphoria has no basis in science and is highly controversial among experts, and that Gender ideology has no basis in science and harms all children. [Download Letter]
School Boards are the Front Lines
Learn how the federal directive on transgenders in school bathrooms does not carry the force of law, and what you can do. Learn how the Minnesota Department of Education is falsely teaching that Gender Fluid Ideology must be taught in K-12 classrooms. [Read more…]
The American College of Pediatricians urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality. [continue reading…]
The Minnesota School Board Association provides a briefing to Minnesota public schools on the federal transgender directive. [Read more…]
Please watch this compelling and frightening video that illuminates the risk posed to girls and women when men intrude into women’s private, safe spaces:
Dr. Joseph Berger, a Distinguished Life Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, states that from “a scientific perspective,” being “transgendered” is a psychological issue – “emotional unhappiness” – and “cosmetic surgery” is not the “proper treatment.” [continue reading…]
The idea that one’s sex is a feeling, not a fact, has permeated our culture and is leaving casualties in its wake. Gender dysphoria should be treated with psychotherapy, not surgery. [continue reading…]
No federal law requires public schools to allow boys into girls’ restrooms or girls into boys’ restrooms. In fact, schools and school districts could be exposing themselves to legal liability for violating students’ privacy rights. [continue reading…]
John Money—sexologist and professor of pediatric psychology at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland—was a pioneer in the field of gender identity and transsexualism. He believed in the plasticity of human gender identity and viewed it as a social construct. Money was convinced that people were born sexually neutral—a blank slate. He just needed to prove it. Then he met David Reimer. [Download PDF]
The American College of Pediatricians urges Nova Classical Academy to avoid gender fluid curricula and policies for the sake of the gender confused student and for the sake of his or her peers. This letter is applicable to every school in the nation. Download PDF.
- Gender Fluidity and Other Fables Click to purchase a DVD of this video.
- Gender Identity Politics at Anoka-Hennepin School District March 23, 2017 Last Monday night the Anoka Hennepin School Board meeting was packed and the testimony was strong in support of privacy rights of students. The six-member school board and superintendent heard from the public in a big way regarding whether the largest school district in Minnesota should adopt a “gender-inclusivity policy” that would give special protection to ...
- Governor Doubling Down on Obama Transgender Policy by Julie Quist March 10, 2017 On September 28, 2014, the Child Protection League ran a full page ad in the Sunday edition of this newspaper. The ad featured an empty locker room shower with two shower heads side by side. The caption read: “A male wants to shower next to your 14-year-old daughter. Are YOU okay ...
- School Districts Are The Front Line! Learn how the federal directive on transgenders in school bathrooms does not carry the force of law, and what you can do. Learn how the Minnesota Department of Education is falsely teaching that Gender Fluid Ideology must be taught in K-12 classrooms.
- A Day of Silence? What is it? Who is behind it? Why YOU should be concerned! The annual Day of Silence (DOS) is sponsored by GLSEN, the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network, a group that specifically targets school children with the message that homosexuality, changing genders, and rejecting one’s biological sexual identity is healthy, even for very young children. The ...
- “Safe Bathrooms” Bill Introduced March 22, 2016 Last week Representative Gruenhagen (R-Glencoe), Senator Newman (R-Hutchinson) with 43 House and four Senate co-authors introduced legislation that seeks to protect the privacy, modesty and safety concerns of the public. This legislation (HF 3396/HF 3395 and SF 3002) does the following: Defines a person’s “sex” as biological; Clarifies that nontraditional sexual identity or sexual orientation ...
- Conference Disguised as Human Rights January 26, 2016 The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) holds its 3rd annual Time To THRIVE conference in Texas on February 12th and 13th, 2016. The HRC, masquerading as an advocate for “human rights,” is a prominent front for gender extremism. Before the workshop descriptions were scrubbed from their website, their shocking intentions were on full display. The ...
- 2016 Time to Thrive Workshops These are some of the workshops from the coming Time to THRIVE conference. They have been wiped from the conference website. #Day1: Prevent Bullying on Day1! The Tyler Clementi Foundation Sean Kosofsky, Executive Director, The Tyler Clementi Foundation; Jane Clementi, Co-Founder, The Tyler Clementi Foundation The Tyler Clementi Foundation works to address all online and offline bullying in schools, ...
- Questions for Schools on Transgender Policies and Practices As all educators know, or should know, pronouns denote and correspond to objective biological sex — not to desires about one’s sex. Therefore, using opposite-sex pronouns to refer to or discuss gender-dysphoric students constitutes not merely a misuse of grammar but lying. Read the full article at: IllinoisFamily.org The following are the questions posed in the ...
- District 211’s Cowardly Surrender to Big Brother Read how the Illinois school district agreed to come under full authority of the federal government. They did not hold their ground. Americans must either stand up and pay whatever the price of protecting our freedom or come under the complete and utter tyrrany of sexual extremism. If we think we will overcome this without ...