|To Contact Your MN Legislators|
|Who Represents Me?|
MN Legislative Issues and Bills 2020
➤ Constitutional Amendment SF 3977 (House file 3658)
This constitutional amendment, SF 2977 introduced in 91 st Legislature (2019-2020), extends MN state government constitutional authority over education of “all children;” requires state to adopt “uniform achievement standards” to define “quality” for all children. Please read the following information and contact your legislators.
➤ Resolutions Introduced at MN 2020 Caucuses
Why bother attending caucuses and submitting caucus resolutions? To protect kids! Here’s why:
- We elect delegates who will endorse candidates who fight for our kids!
- We educate our neighbors by introducing, discussing, and voting for resolutions to the party platform that protect kids, and
- When we stand down in the political process, we are ceding the field to those who ignore the culture war on our children!
Resolutions introduced at many local MN precinct caucuses.
- Opposing Comprehensive Sex Education (PDF)
- Opposing Drag Queen Story Hours in Publicly Funded Facilities (PDF)
- Opposing Social Justice Indoctrination in School Literature (PDF)
➤ Mandated Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE)
In 2019, the MN House Bill HF1414 was passed by House Democrat majority that mandated Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE) in every MN school district. CSE proponents have promised to keep the pressure on to force this mandate on all preK-12 public and charter school students in the State of Minnesota and beyond.
CPL held a statewide Protect Kids Rally (PDF) on September 22, 2019 to send a message to legislators to protect our children from this forced school mandate! We had nearly 800 concerned parents and citizens from throughout the state including some of our MN legislators.
We must stand together in full force! Watch for updates as the 2020 legislative session progresses. Sign up to receive our newsletters using the form Receive Email Updates.
- Rally: Planned Parenthood Sexualizes Children in Minnesota Alpha News MN coverage of Rally (5 minutes)
- Stop Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE)
What is CSE and where it originated; ways to help; extensive resources; CSE legislation
- Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE) Petition
Stand against the mandate that CSE be taught in every school in the state. Sign the petition!
Racial Quotas in School Policies
The Dayton administration has initiated its own racial equity directive that the Federal Commission has rescinded. In October of 2017, the MN Department of Human Rights (MDHR) sent a letter to 43 school districts informing them that they have a “racial discipline disparity” in violation of the MN Human Rights Act. Unless they entered into a “settlement agreement” with the state, they would file charges and investigate them for civil rights violations. Minnesota is full steam ahead implementing the racial quotas in school discipline in schools throughout the state. Read more at Minnesota Goes Full Radical on Race Based School Discipline
- Find your board’s “Collaborative Agreement”. If you are in one of the targeted districts, ask your school board to see the “plan” that they submitted and was approved by the state. Know what your district is doing! MDHR Website
- If you are in one of the targeted districts, contact your school board members to express your displeasure over their transferring your local district’s discipline policy authority to the state. Express your displeasure over signing an agreement that assumes that all whites are racist and that discipline policies must be viewed through the lens of race.
- Engage personally with your local House and Senate legislators. Tell them to put a stop to this travesty. Make this a campaign issue for 2020, starting now.
- If you have children in school, engage with them about how wrong it is for students to be shamed for being white or for being any race at all. Ask them to share with you how discipline is being handled and what training or curriculum they are receiving regarding race. Protect your kids.
The “Toolkit” – Take Action!
The Toolkit to Ensure Safe and Supportive Schools for Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Students was passed July 19, 2017 by an unelected, governor appointed Minnesota Department of Education committee, despite strong opposition from parents and the public. This gender ideology “Toolkit” does not promote the safety and well-being of children but is actually harmful to ALL children.
It’s not too late to Take Action! You CAN make a difference. Go to The “Toolkit” Agenda for action items.
Find in the article questions that that every taxpayer should ask their local school administrators, including the administrators of elementary and middle schools. Then follow up by requesting to the school board that the policy be written mandating that restrooms and locker rooms correspond to objective biological sex. The specificity of the questions is necessary in order to ensure that accurate information is obtained, to make explicit the assumptions embedded in oppositions to restroom/locker room practices and to prevent administrators from obfuscating. More helpful information can be found in our Gender and Privacy Policies and Gender Identity.
Is Your Child Unsafe at the Doctor’s Office? Invasive Teen Questionnaire
A new HealthPartner’s policy is being implemented that requires clinicians to administer a 23-question health questionnaire to all pre-teens and teens… and it is to be answered only by the adolescent. After the adolescent fills out the questionnaire, the parent will then be asked to leave the child alone with the clinician so the clinician can engage the child “one-on-one” about the answers and personal concerns. We have questions! Read the details in Is Your Child Unsafe at the Doctor’s Office? and review the Questionnaire (PDF)
Action Steps Parents Can Take
- If your family uses a HealthPartners clinic or any clinic that participates in this kind of survey, respond to the letter you receive with a letter of your own.
a. Forbid the clinic from holding a private meeting with your child and a clinician.
b. Direct them to put your letter into your family’s health record files.
c. Demand that they discontinue the use of this outrageous questionnaire.
- Refuse to have your child fill out the questionnaire or meet privately with a clinician. This is your right as a parent!
- Contact your legislators. Ask them to clarify into law that health providers:
- May not impose themselves on families with personal, invasive questionnaires
- Have no right to digitally store private data discovered about your child’s personal beliefs, feelings or family—unless it involves mandated legal reporting.
- Must pro-actively inform parents that they and their child have a right to refuse to allow their minor child to meet alone with a clinician.
- Request a list of the health provider’s LGBTQIA resources. Please send your findings to Child Protection League at email@example.com.
Drag Queen Story Hour Exposed
Child Protection League and hundreds of thousands of parents and citizens exposed the library Drag Queen Story Hours. Child Protection League Action’s Facebook post (over 658,000 views as of this writing) went viral overnight and was picked up by numerous national news outlets. Libraries Violate Public Trust with Drag Queen Story Hours
We are calling upon local libraries and the American Library Association (ALA) to end the Drag Queen Story Hour permanently. Under no circumstances should adult erotic performers be allowed to influence and interact with innocent and impressionable children using public funds and buildings. 21,460 Attend Library Conference Featuring Workshops on Drag Queen and Queering Elementary Schools
Ways to Get Involved
The following are ways that you can keep this momentum going to stop Drag Queens from being allowed to read LGBT+ and transgender books to our youngest children.
- Find out if your library has hosted Drag Queen Story Hours. Contact the library directors, the library board members as well as the American Library Association (ALA) with your concerns.
- Submit a letter to the editor. Example: What is going on in our public libraries?
- Inform your legislative candidates. Find out if they can tell you why publicly funded libraries are no longer a safe place for children!
- Apply to serve on the library board. Example: In Hennepin County MN, applications are being taken for library board members until December 31. Interviews and appointments are decided by the Hennepin County Commissioners.
Church leaders who want to educate their members about civic issues, particular legislation and viewpoints, may be receiving false information from activist groups who are attempting to silence them with threats of losing tax-exempt status. Equip your church leaders with this important legal background from The Pacific Justice Institute.
The (Mostly) True Story of Taylor Swine the Political Pig
Child Protection League is pleased to offer this adorable story about a real pet pig! In this beautifully illustrated pig-tale, Taylor Swine discovers the importance of family while learning how to take an active role in the political process. It makes a wonderful gift for every child in your life!
This delightful book was inspired by the real life pet pig of our CPL board member, Marjorie Holsten. Barb Anderson, another CPL board member, created the “Mostly True” story of Taylor Swine and the book was illustrated by Rachel Gasper, daughter of CPL board member Bonnie Gasper. All proceeds from the book go directly to the Child Protection League!
Free with a Donation to CPLAction or Order from Amazon
(Choose Child Protection League at AmazonSmile and Amazon sends CPL a donation for each purchase!)
Books We Recommend
by Christopher Doyle, MA, LPC, LCPC
Forward by Michael Brown, Ph.D and Preface by Dr Cretella, MD, FCP
What happens when a sexual culture war is fought on the mental health battlefield? Christopher Doyle provides a map of the unprecedented assault on personal freedom and religious liberty answering many of tough questions of our day.
By LeAnna Benn and Alfred J Derby, MD
Comprehensive Sexual Education is damaging our most valuable resource—children. You will want this ebook as a reference guide. Using peer reviewed scientific studies, this activist’s guide to transforming sex education provides guidance to prepare for meetings, writing letters campaigns, organizing community members to take action, getting programs adopted and so much more. A must for your library!
The ebook is available through Teen-Aid, Inc.
New Research Reveals that Babies Need Their Moms
Researcher and psychoanalyst Erica Komisar has written an informative book about the importance of
the mother-child bond entitled Being There: Why Prioritizing Motherhood in the First Three Years
Matters. Read the Book Review (PDF) and share the information with others.
Books With Warnings!
I Am Jazz
“The book I Am Jazz, by Jazz Jennings and Jessica Herthel, contains a number of factual inaccuracies and very significant omissions. I am very concerned that children or even adults who read these books will be given false ideas about transgenderism. This will lead to the harm of children.”
An Endocrinologist Studies The Transgender Movement’s Most Popular Kid’s Book
Advocating for Islam?
These eight books, recommended to teachers for Minnesota public schools at the “Engaging Muslim Students in Public Schools” Training Seminars for Educators 2017 presented by Michael Abraham, teach the religion of Islam including prayer, religious holidays, reciting the Holy Books, etc.
Read the Book Review of Islamic Children’s Books (PDF) and stay informed.
Cosmo Hurts Kids
The Cosmopolitan magazine sold at most store checkouts is pornographic and violates states’ “materials harmful to minors laws.” It should not be sold to kids! Learn more at Cosmo Hurts Kids.
Eleanor & Park on Summer Reading List Not Fit for Kids. Beware!
Parents of a 15 year old high school girl were astounded to read through the book Eleanor & Park, a book their daughter was given as part of her high school’s summer reading program. “The amount of vile profanity used throughout this publication was absolutely astounding! Never in our 43 years have either of us ever read anything more profane.”
Read this extensive review of Eleanor & Park to help you learn what the schools are using for young adult reading. The New York Times calls it a “beautiful, haunting love story” for young adults. The parents say the book is “pornographic and sexually explicit.” Be advised.
Eleanor & Park Review (PDF)
Equally astounding is the decision of the Anoka High School Review Committee even after reading this exhaustive study and critique of this offensive book.
Anoka High School Letter (PDF)