- Data Collecting and Opt Outs
- Public Policies
- School Policies
- Gender & Privacy Policies
- Curriculum Alerts
➧ Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
➧ Islam in Our Schools
➧ Bullying in Our Schools
➧ It’s Perfectly Normal
➧ MN State HS Transgender Policy
- Data Mining Your Children (PDF)
What information is your school collecting on your children? This article is as relevant today as it was in 2014 when it was written.
- Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Data Collection
Each child’s responses are collected in a “data dashboard” and measured to see whether the child demonstrates change in regard to attitudes, feelings and behaviors. The results are entered into a national SEL data bank, often to 3 rd party vendors.Watch our SEL Webinar to learn more about this program infiltrating most of our schools.
Find additional information under Social and Emotional Learning.
- It’s Time to OPT OUT of the Minnesota Student Survey!
You can OPT OUT your children for the Minnesota Student Survey (MSS) that is run by a partnership of four state agencies, the Minnesota Departments of Education, Health, Public Safety, and Human Services, and administered every three years to students in grades 5, 8, 9 and 11. [Read More]
Minnesota Students Survey Questions
• 2019 Minnesota Student Survey for Grades 9 and 11, ALCs, and JCFs (PDF)
• 2019 Minnesota Student Survey for Grade 8 (PDF)
• 2019 Minnesota Student Survey for Grade 5 (PDF)
Is Your Child Unsafe at the Doctor’s Office? Invasive Teen Questionnaire
A new HealthPartner’s policy is being implemented that requires clinicians to administer a 23-question health questionnaire to all pre-teens and teens… and it is to be answered only by the adolescent. After the adolescent fills out the questionnaire, the parent will then be asked to leave the child alone with the clinician so the clinician can engage the child “one-on-one” about the answers and personal concerns. We have questions!
Read the details in Is Your Child Unsafe at the Doctor’s Office? and review the Questionnaire (PDF)
Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE) and Your Rights as a Parent
With the ever-expanding use of Comprehensive Sex Education in the schools, it is important for parents to know what the Minnesota state law explicitly states.
MN law 120A.22, Subdivion 1
The parent of a child is primarily responsible for assuring that the child acquires knowledge and skills that are essential for effective citizenship.
MN law 120B.20
Each school district shall have a procedure for a parent, guardian, or an adult student, 18 years of age or older, to review the content of the instructional materials to be provided to a minor child or to an adult student and, if the parent, guardian, or adult student objects to the content, to make reasonable arrangements with school personnel for alternative instruction. Alternative instruction may be provided by the parent, guardian, or adult student if the alternative instruction, if any, offered by the school board does not meet the concerns of the parent, guardian, or adult student. The school board is not required to pay for the costs of alternative instruction provided by a parent, guardian, or adult student. School personnel may not impose an academic or other penalty upon a student merely for arranging alternative instruction under this section. School personnel may evaluate and assess the quality of the student’s work.
The parental non-consent form prepared by The Liberty Council law firm, Lynchburg, VA, may be used by Minnesota parents in their local schools concerning curriculum that they object to. The purpose of this form is to put the school on notice regarding what is/is not acceptable for your child and that you must be provided preemptive notice.
The introductory letter explains how to use this form and recommends that you fill one out for each of your children. Liberty Council states that they are prepared to assist and provide guidance in this area.
Legislative Issues and Bills 2019
Issues and potential bills are happening so fast that is difficult to keep up! Because the legislature changed the rules so that potential bills are being sent from committee to committee, it makes it even harder for the average citizen to track where the bills are and what is happening.
This is where CPL can help you! You can receive up to the minute news through our CPL email updates. Just sign up using the online form below the Donate Now button.
We are doing our best to keep you informed so that you can submit public comment, contact your legislators and even attend a committee meeting. Below is background information on a few of the bills CPL is tracking.
- Constitutional Amendment, HF13
- Mandated Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE), HF1414
- The ‘Bullying Bill’ reauthorized, HF1026
- Prohibit Counseling for minors, HF12
- Home visiting and setting up a universal child care system, HF1, et al
If you have any concerns or additional information that would help us to keep you informed, please let us know by using our CPL Online Form. Thank you! Together we can make a difference!
Racial Quotas in School Discipline
Upon recommendation of the Federal Commission studying school safety, acting U.S. Attorney General Whitaker rescinded the Obama-era “Racial Equity in School Discipline” directive that disregarded federal law and subjected public school students to two-tiered discipline based on race. However, the Dayton administration anticipated this sea change and initiated its own racial equity directive. In October of 2017, the MN Department of Human Rights (MDHR) sent a letter to 43 school districts informing them that they have a “racial discipline disparity” in violation of the MN Human Rights Act. Unless they entered into a “settlement agreement” with the state, they would file charges and investigate them for civil rights violations.
Overview: Minnesota is full steam ahead implementing the racial quotas in school discipline in schools throughout the state.
The gender ideology is now creeping into our schools indoctrinating our children even at the elementary level. What is the pronoun mandate? Are our children safe when male students can use female restrooms and locker rooms because the male student decides he now identifies as a female despite his male biological body? Be aware of what is occurring in your schools and communities that embrace this dangerous new trend.
- The “Toolkit” Agenda
Despite strong opposition, the Toolkit to Ensure Safe and Supportive Schools for Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Students was passed in MN by an unelected, governor appointed Minnesota Department of Education committee. It’s not just about bathrooms and locker rooms. It’s about indoctrination into a dangerous gender ideology. The pronoun mandate is the most dangerous part of the Toolkit. Use this extensive resource to educate yourself on the issues.
- A Critical Review of Schools In Transition: A Guide for Supporting Transgender Students in K-12Schools (PDF)
Radical gender activist groups such as the National Center for Lesbian Rights, Gender Spectrum, and the LGBT & HIV Project have published this guidebook, Schools in Transition (PDF), for schools across the country to use in setting school policies that endorse and promote transgender ideology. The MN Department of Education (MDE) recommends this guidebook as a credible resource.
- Gender Identity Politics at Anoka-Hennepin School District
The Anoka Hennepin School Board meeting March 23, 3017 was packed and the testimony was strong in support of privacy rights of students. These testimonials from CPL and the community may be of help as you battle this issue in your schools and districts.
- Child Protection League testimony, Michele Lentz (14:15)
- Parents Action League testimony, Barb Anderson (12:57)
- Letter from Liberty Council, Mary McAlister (submitted in writing)
- Letter from Alliance Defending Freedom, Doug Wardlow (20:10)
- North Star Law & Policy Center, Renee Carlson, Esq, (1:10:47)
- Dr. Olson Testimony (50:33)
- Hands Across the Aisle, Emily Zinos (17:30)
- MN School Board Association, Guidance on Transgender Issue, March 7, 2017 (resource included here by CPL)
- American College of Pediatricians letter to New London-Spicer School Board (resource included here by CPL)
- Gender Dysphoria in Children, Michelle Cretella, MD (resource included here by CPL)
- Governor Doubling Down on Obama Transgender Policy
President Trump withdrew the Obama administration’s threat to withhold federal funding if schools don’t comply with gender inclusive policies, however; the MN governor and the Department of Education are exerting pressure on districts to adopt the now-rescinded policy. Will the new MN governor follow suit?
- School Boards are the Front Lines
Learn how the federal directive on transgenders in school bathrooms does not carry the force of law, and what you can do. The MN Department of Education is falsely teaching that gender fluid Ideology must be taught in K-12 classrooms.
• Remind your school board members with a “Dear School Board” letter (download in Word) or (download in PDF)
- Title IX Dear Colleague Letter (PDF)
Alliance Defending Freedom refutes the U.S. Departments of Education and Justice issued “Dear Colleague” Letter claiming that Title IX requires every school district to treat students consistent with their gender identity.
- Gender Fluidity Curriculum
- What the Heck is a “PGP” (PDF)
Preferred gender pronoun and they keep growing!
- The Genderbread Person (PDF)
Cookie gingerbread cutout is being widely used in “anti-bullying” and “diversity” training to reconstruct sexuality and harm children by confusing them about the nature of boys and girls.
- Letter from the American College of Pediatricians Regarding Gender Fluid Curricula (PDF) applicable to every school in the nation.
- What the Heck is a “PGP” (PDF)
- Welcoming Schools Curriculum Review
A bullying prevention program for elementary children that is designed by Welcoming Schools to force approval of homosexual behavior and reject parental authority. Main themes of the program are: name-calling and bullying, gender stereotyping, and family diversity.
- Jazz Jennings Reading Day is Harming Children
Event is cosponsored by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Welcoming Schools program and the National Education Association (NEA)
- Jazz Jennings Reading Day is Harming Children
- Reviews of books in many school libraries and classrooms
• Eleanor & Park Book Review
• Book Review of Islamic Children’s Books (PDF)
Social Emotional Learning sounds non-threatening but what is it and how is it implemented in our schools? Teachers are trained in “mapping cultural values” which means identifying a student’s “personal cultural values and preferences”. This information is collected in a “data dashboard” and measured to see whether an individual demonstrates change in regard to attitudes, feelings and behaviors. The results are entered into a national SEL data bank. It is an invasion of privacy at the highest level.
- How ‘Safe Schools’ and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Indoctrinate Our Children
Our experts, Stella Morabito and Dr. Karen R. Effrem, unmask the agenda behind ‘safe schools’ and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in these video presentations with accompanying PowerPoint slides.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Webinar
Presentation by Barb Anderson
A Child Protection League webinar that explains what SEL is and how it is affecting our children in our schools.
- SEL in Minnesota – a report by CPL board member Barb Anderson (PDF)
- Teachers Are Now Performing Monthly Mental Health Exams on Your Child
If you live in an ESSA state, your child’s mental health will be assessed by a non-medical professional in a non-medical context. Parents are not asked permission and the paperwork can be shared with anyone. Read the whole article and be armed!
- Social & Emotional Learning: Gateway to Islam & LGBT Acceptance
SEL is the most recent educational strategy for transforming attitudes, values and belief of children. It has little to do with academics.