- Curriculum Alerts
➧ Distance Learning
➧ Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE)
➧ Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
➧ Islam in Our Schools
➧ Bullying in Our Schools
➧ It’s Perfectly Normal
➧ MN State HS League (MSHSL) Transgender Policy
The switch to distance learning as the pandemic continues has parents concerned about educating their children from home. We encourage you to use this unique opportunity to critically evaluate the content of the curriculum used in your child’s classroom.
Distance Learning Tips for ParentsInterview with Jayne Washlberg, administrator for HERO and Kelly Janssen, CPL board member
- Internet Safety for Children
With distance learning, your child will be exposed even more to the Internet. Schools have varying degrees of Internet controls but do you have them at home? We want to offer guidance and suggestions concerning this important safety issue.
Additional Internet Safety for Children Tips
- Tips for Spotting Curriculum Red Flags
A list of buzzwords and concepts we call ‘red flags’ that indicate the material has an underlying bias that you may wish to review as you work through the curriculum with your child.
- EBSCO, GALE and MN ELibrary
If your children are being directed to sign into any of these search engines, be extremely vigilant. Parent groups across the country have documented how easy it is for children to access porn using these databases.
CPL Investigates MN eLibary and Ebsco (35 minute video)
GALE, Planned Parenthood and … (15 minute video)
The School Porn Problem (PDF)
- The Schoolwork My Kids Are Bringing Home Exposes Public Schools’ Radical Leftist Politics
- Great Books List (PDF)
Looking for good books to use with your children? The Charlemagne Institute has compiled an excellent guide to literature for youth of all ages.
- Is Homeschooling Right for Your Family?Perhaps during this coronavirus crisis, you found schooling your children from home might work for your family.
Explore the possibilities with ourHomeschooling Suggestions and Resources.Advocates Say COVID Letting Parents See All the Benefits of Home Schooling
Article with videos and interviews from The Western Journal exploring this issue.
Julie Quist explains what Transformational Learning is and how this model has transformed our schools into what they are today. Much of the curriculum pushed in our schools – Common Core, Social Emotional Learning, Welcoming Schools, gender identity, social justice and now Critical Race Theory – has its roots in this transformative educational model.It will be well worth your time to listen to our CPL Webinar to understand this model and how it has been implemented in our schools one step at a time!
Common Core Curriculum
- Study finds Historic Drop in National Reading and Math Scores Since Adoption of Common Core Curriculum Standards
- The Common Core Debacle, Results from 2019 NAEP and Other Sources (PDF)
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
Common Core curriculum was adopted as the national standard. There was opposition to implementing a curriculum from the national level over local control. As the recent studies show, Common Core has not accomplished the intended goal and, in fact, has gone in the opposite direction.
Critical Race Theory (CRT)
Is your child being taught this Marxist theory? Educate yourself because CRT is infiltrating schools across the US.
According to Britannica the definition of CRT is: Critical race theory (CRT), the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of color.
For more detail, please read:
- Critical Race Theory Explodes in K-12
- A Critical Look at Critical Race Theory (PDF)
- Critical Race Theory, the New Intolerance and Its Grip on America (PDF)
Social Justice Curriculum
- Social Justice Books: Teaching Revolution through Literature
Social justice demands ‘equity’. Equity means equal outcomes, which is very different from equal opportunities. Social justice demands things be taken from individuals in one identity group and given to those in another in order to achieve equity. Individual achievement, character and responsibility do not matter.
- Child Protection League letter to a Principal objecting to the use of “Social Justice Books” (PDF)
- Black Lives Matter In Public Schools Is Turning Kids Into Little Marxists
Gender Fluidity Curriculum
- What the Heck is a “PGP” (PDF)
Preferred gender pronoun and they keep growing!
- Gender Fluidity and Other Fables (37 minutes)
Do you know what is being taught in your schools concerning gender? Presented by Barb Anderson, this video gives an overview of what students are facing in their classrooms.
- The American College of Pediatricians Regarding Gender Fluid Curricula (PDF)
Letter to Nova Classical Academy, St. Paul, MN that is applicable to every school in the nation.
- Gender Ideology in Pictures
This ideology is taught to your grade school children through “cute” pictures! First there was Gender Gumby Lesson Exercise for Gumby (PDF). Then it was the Genderbread “person”, next it was the Rainbow Unicorn and now, for those older kids and teens, the Gender Tree. Teachers are being trained to reconstruct sexuality and harm children by confusing them about the biology of boys and girls. Please be aware and check out your Opt Out options.
A bullying prevention program for elementary children that is designed by Welcoming Schools to force approval of homosexual behavior and reject parental authority. Main themes of the program are: name-calling and bullying, gender stereotyping, and family diversity.
- Welcoming Schools Curriculum Review
- Jazz Jennings Reading Day is Harming Children
Event is cosponsored by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Welcoming Schools program and the National Education Association (NEA)
- Looking at Skin Color with Books and Activities (PDF)
Welcoming Schools, Human Rights Campaign Foundation
Part of the equity and racism component of Welcoming School Curriculum
SEED Diversity Training
Under the banner of diversity and multiculturalism, SEEDS has been training teachers across this nation since 1987. Today we are witnessing an increase in extreme anger, hatred, and violence on our college campuses. Many college students, administration, and faculty are promoting and defending the suppression of free speech and freedom of conscience. This didn’t begin on our college campuses; the seeds for anti-American, pro-sexual diversity indoctrination began many years ago with the SEED diversity training for teachers in the K-12 educational system all across the country. We are witnessing the “SEEDS” of this training today in our schools.
- Seeds of Hate Yield a Harvest of Hostility (PDF)
- The SEED Report: Alerting Citizens to the Anti-American Pro-gay Bias of SEED Diversity Training
By Barbara Anderson
Review of Books
These books are in many school libraries and classrooms. Some may even be required reading.
- Eleanor & Park Book Review
- Book Review of Islamic Children’s Books (PDF)
- Sexually Charged Teen and Young Adult Literature (PDF)
Includes samples of books with excerpts.
Social Emotional Learning sounds non-threatening but what is it and how is it implemented in our schools? Teachers are trained in “mapping cultural values” which means identifying a student’s “personal cultural values and preferences”. This information is collected in a “data dashboard” and measured to see whether an individual demonstrates change in regard to attitudes, feelings and behaviors. The results are entered into a national SEL data bank. It is an invasion of privacy at the highest level.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Webinar (25 minute video)
presentation by Barb Anderson
A Child Protection League webinar that explains what SEL is and how it is affecting our children in our schools.
• SEL Webinar Narrative of Presentation (PDF)
• SEL Webinar Powerpoint of Presentation (PDF)
- How ‘Safe Schools’ and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Indoctrinate Our Children
Our experts, Stella Morabito and Dr. Karen R. Effrem, unmask the agenda behind ‘safe schools’ and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in these video presentations with accompanying PowerPoint slides.
- New Vision for Education: Fostering Social and Emotional Learning through Technology (PDF)
Strategies to push implementation of SEL, a globalist agenda by the World Economic Forum.
- SEL and Spirituality: Instructional Implications
Substituting parental guidance to dislodge teens from family and shift values.
- SEL in Minnesota – a report by CPL board member Barb Anderson (PDF)
- Teachers Are Now Performing Monthly Mental Health Exams on Your Child
If you live in an ESSA state, your child’s mental health will be assessed by a non-medical professional in a non-medical context. Parents are not asked permission and the paperwork can be shared with anyone. Read the whole article and be armed!
- Social & Emotional Learning: Gateway to Islam & LGBT Acceptance
SEL is the most recent educational strategy for transforming attitudes, values and belief of children. It has little to do with academics.
- University of Minnesota Extension Using SEL
SEL has even infiltrated youth development programs such as 4-H. SEL sounds inviting and educational but ask yourself what and whose values are the children learning? Listen to the “politically correct” words used in children’s vocabulary — “safe spaces, cultural responsiveness, Indigenous Circles, work father…” Notice also that data is gathered using incentives, such as candy, Instagram, etc., which in turn is used to produce “best practices” research.
MU Extension SEL Toolkit
MU Extension SEL Training Suite