Legislative Session 2019
HF1414 / SF2065
What does the Minnesota’s Comprehensive Sexual Health Education (CSE) Bill do?
- The MN Commissioner of Education must identify a model comprehensive sexual health education program for K through 12 and provide it to all schools, including written materials, curriculum resources, and training for instructors.
- It must teach “consent,” which the legislation describes as “affirmative, conscious, and voluntary agreement to engage in interpersonal, physical, or sexual activity.” This assumes and normalizes value-free sexual activity among children.
- It must teach “bodily autonomy.” Planned Parenthood uses this term as its abortion dogma. Bodily autonomy teaches that one has the right to kill a preborn child in one’s body, and therefore abortion is moral.
- It must teach “diverse sexual orientations and gender identities.” The legislation allows instruction by “community organizations.” Gender activist groups will be teaching to young captive audiences. To understand what the MN Department of Education (MDE) promotes about gender identity, take a look at the “Gender Identity Toolkit” (PDF) the MDE produced and distributed to all Minnesota school districts. While school districts could not by law be required to adopt the “Toolkit” ideology in its curriculum, this law is now a mandate. Key Concerns Regarding the Toolkit (PDF)
- It must teach “abstinence and other methods for preventing unintended pregnancy.” In reality, CSE teaches birth control and abortion, and it is known for simply paying lip service to “abstinence.” Once again “community organizations” are allowed to instruct, and schools bring in Planned Parenthood before young captive audiences.
- It must refer students to “local resources for services related to sexual and reproductive health.” That means referring children to Planned Parenthood for abortion and birth control without parental knowledge or consent.
A school district that does not adopt the state model program must include all of the items listed above and then submit its sexual health education program to the MN Department of Education for approval.
This kills any semblance of local control. Parents cannot appeal to their local school board to challenge what is deeply offensive to them.
Karen England of California’s Capitol Resource Institute shows what CSE curriculum looks like in this 15 minute video.
What is SIECUS?
Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS), a spin-off of Planned Parenthood, is the largest promoter of Comprehensive Sexual Health Education in the country. Their new motto is “Sex ed is a vehicle for social change.”
SIECUS unapologetically promotes abortion, white-privilege ideology, gender identity and LGBT to children from kindergarten through grade 12.
The ultimate goal of CSE is to change the sexual and gender norms of society. CSE is a “rights-based” approach to sex education and promotes sexual rights to children at the expense of their sexual health.
CSE is highly explicit and promotes promiscuity and high-risk sexual behaviors to children as healthy and normal. Yet it fails to teach children about all of the emotional, psychological and physical health risks of promiscuous sexual activity.
SIECUS states: With sex education, we have a golden opportunity to create a culture shift–tackling the misinformation, shame, and stigma that create the basis for many of today’s sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, like:
- Reproductive justice
- LGBTQ equality
- Sexual violence prevention
- Gender equity
- Dismantling white supremacy