Because of the COVID19 virus, legislators basically spent the session on all things related to the pandemic. Many of the issues will most likely come up in future sessions that CPL had been following.
- Constitutional Amendment
- Caucus Resolutions
- Mandated Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE)
- Drag Queen Story Hour
- Gender Identity Proposal
This constitutional amendment, SF 2977 introduced in 91 st Legislature (2019-2020), extends MN state government constitutional authority over education of “all children;” requires state to adopt “uniform achievement standards” to define “quality” for all children. Please read the following information and contact your legislators.
Why bother attending caucuses and submitting caucus resolutions? To protect kids! Here’s why:
- We elect delegates who will endorse candidates who fight for our kids!
- We educate our neighbors by introducing, discussing, and voting for resolutions to the party platform that protect kids, and
- When we stand down in the political process, we are ceding the field to those who ignore the culture war on our children!
Resolutions introduced at many local MN precinct caucuses.
- Opposing Comprehensive Sex Education (PDF)
- Opposing Drag Queen Story Hours in Publicly Funded Facilities (PDF)
- Opposing Social Justice Indoctrination in School Literature (PDF)
In 2019, the MN House Bill HF1414 was passed by House Democrat majority that mandated Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE) in every MN school district. CSE proponents have promised to keep the pressure on to force this mandate on all preK-12 public and charter school students in the State of Minnesota and beyond.
CPL held a statewide Protect Kids Rally (PDF) on September 22, 2019 to send a message to legislators to protect our children from this forced school mandate! We had nearly 800 concerned parents and citizens from throughout the state including some of our MN legislators.
We must stand together in full force! Watch for updates as the 2020 legislative session progresses. Sign up to receive our newsletters using the form Receive Email Updates.
- Rally: Planned Parenthood Sexualizes Children in Minnesota Alpha News MN coverage of Rally (5 minutes)
- Stop Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE)
What is CSE and where it originated; ways to help; extensive resources; CSE legislation
- Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE) Petition
Stand against the mandate that CSE be taught in every school in the state. Sign the petition!
Libraries throughout MN as well as the US have scheduled Drag Queen Story Hours as an activity for preschool children. This Bill would basically take funding away from libraries who continue to hold these events.
The MDE has a proposed plan to expand their definition of gender beyond male and female.
Commentary by Barb Anderson