“Grooming” is a term meaning desensitizing and lowering the sexual inhibitions of children to make them easy targets for sexual abuse.
Grooming is done through the following:
- Demonstrating sex acts to children
- Showing pictures of children engaging in sexual activities
- Violating a child’s innate sense of modesty
- Sexually arousing children
- Removing all sexual boundaries
- Presenting all sexual activity as normal
- Discouraging children from turning to their parents for sexual information and advice.