Exploitation of children is a violation of their innocence and basic rights. Exploitation comes in many forms. The MN Child Protection League believes children should be free to grow up in the secure environment of loving families and communities. We will continue to educate, inform and unite people in action to protect children from those who seek to abuse, violate or use them for their own personal interests.
Internet Safety for Children
- 5 Things You Can Do to Ensure Your Children are Safe Online During Quarantine
- Safe Online Surfing
Teaching children internet safety in game form.
- Internet Safety 101
Parent guide to Internet dangers such as pornography, cyberbullying and more.
- Rules ‘N Tools Checklist (PDF)
Protecting children with both safely rules and software tools.
- Kids & Tech: Tips for Parents in the Digital Age
- Parenting Against the Internet
What are our kids doing online, and how can we protect them from danger? Porn, blocking apps, depression blogs and more…
- Sextortion Becoming Major Problem with Minor Children
- Beware of the YouNow App!
- Pedophiles Use YouTube to Lure Children
• Youtube is Facilitating the Sexual Exploitation of Children, and it’s Being Monetized (2019) – video
• How pedophiles are using a new YouTube trend to exploit children and preteens
- What is “Grooming”? (PDF)
“Grooming” is a term meaning desensitizing and lowering the sexual inhibitions of children to make them easy targets for sexual abuse. Learn more in these videos by Jaco Booyens, producer of 8 DAYS.
- The Child Predator Report
According to the most reliable studies, among girls 15 and younger who become pregnant, 60% to 80% of them are impregnated by adult men. This pedophilia is being hidden from law enforcement by mandatory reporting laws being intentionally ignored by clinics providing pregnancy testing and abortion services, and these facilities often actively assist in circumventing the laws.
- Promoting Pedophilia
Pedophilia is an ongoing problem and how many are trying to justify it.
- Child Molestation and the Homosexual Movement
The author, Steve Baldwin, demonstrates conclusively that there is an element of the homosexual culture that thrives on underage boys.
- 12 Ways Homosexual Adults Endanger Children
Pornography is a real and present danger to our children. Pornography is easily accessible and can pose mental, emotional and even physical dangers. Pornography and sex trafficking have much in common. Be knowledgeable and proactive to protect your children!
- Why Youth Deserve Protections from Sexually Explicit Material by Dr. Jennifer Brown TEDxBountiful (13 minute video)
TEDx Talks: Dr Brown explains why children's brains get addicted to misbehavior and visual stimulation like pornography so easily. An important message for parents!
- It’s Time for the Department of Justice to Investigate P*rnhub
Porn, human trafficking and internet safety are related. Pornhub is a major player.
- How Pornography Addition Affects the Teenage Brain – an Infographic
This infographic by HelpYourTeenNow.com illustrates the profound affects pornography has on teenagers and includes warning signs. You will want to take the time to review this insightful illustration.
- About Pornography: A Public Health Crisis
From the National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Pornography & Public Health Research Summary (PDF)
- Protecting Children in Cyberspace from ProtectKids.com
Excellent resources for understanding the dangers and how to protect our children in our cyber world.
- Is YOUR child watching porn? The devastating effects graphic images of sex on young minds
Timeless advice for parents in our porn saturated culture.
- Sexual Assault Expert Warns of Heartbreaking Trend Among Children
With pornography being so widespread and easily accessible, more and more children are viewing and subsequently acting out what they see on vulnerable children.
- Protect Young Minds: Prepare and Protect
Preparing your child including a Quick Start Guide.
- Convergence: Uniting Leaders to Combat Sexual Exploitation in the Mobile Age
Videos relevant for today that address pornography, sex trafficking and how to mobilize to combat exploitation.
- DOJ publishes Reisman’s full Playboy study
This study remains relevant as our society moves from Playboy and similar magazines to Internet porn sites, videos, and so much more.
Have you wanted to talk to your children about pornography but weren’t sure how? Good Pictures Bad Pictures: Porn-Proofing Today’s Young Kids is a great resource to read to your children to start the discussion.
Order through our CPL store.
The Porn Pandemic: The Devastating Effects on Children & Families
The Human Trafficking of children is undeniably one of the most reprehensible methods of exploiting a child, and the threat is ever-increasing. The MN Child Protection League works to alert people to this threat and provide resources to help parents protect their children.
Research indicates that children as young as 12 years of age are being recruited into the commercial sex industry. Minnesota ranks 13th in sex trafficking – nationwide. That statistic alone sounds the alarm for every parent to be on high alert in order to ensure their children are kept safe while at school, work or play.
- Sign the Petition: Shut Down Pornhub and Hold Its Executives Accountable for Aiding Trafficking
- Signs of Sex Trafficking and How to Report (PDF)
- Faces of Human Trafficking Video Series
The series includes information about sex and labor trafficking, multidisciplinary approaches to serving victims of human trafficking, effective victim services, victims’ legal needs, and voices of survivors. Plus fact sheets, discussion guides and posters.
- How does your state rate?
• Toolkit and Reports from Protected Innocence Challenge
• Trafficking in persons reports from US Department of State
- A Stolen Life: Adolescent Human Trafficking and Exploitation (PDF)
Do you know the facts about human trafficking? Who are the victims and who are the perpetrators? You will learn how human trafficking works and how prevalent it has become. Know the signs.
- Normalization of Sexual Harm Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Child Predator Report
A chilling report with actual cases, tapes and warnings. Parents, a must read. Among girls 15 and younger who become pregnant, 60% to 80% of them are impregnated by adult men. Pedophilia is on the rise. The victims are our children.
- Human Trafficking on Your Campus (PDF)
Now anyone can be a target, even the person you least expect. What parents can watch out for and how families can question schools.
- Caged No More Movie
Information about the movie plus resources to help you learn more about human trafficking and how you can be part of the solution.
Stop Sex Trafficking: The Call to end 21st Century Slavery
Minnesota ranks 13 th in the nation in sex trafficking. Unfortunately the issues presented in this video are still relevant and sobering as Donna Hughes, PhD looks at this dangerous and harmful industry.