Exploitation of children is a violation of their innocence and basic rights. Exploitation comes in many forms. The MN Child Protection League believes children should be free to grow up in the secure environment of loving families and communities. We will continue to educate, inform and unite people in action to protect children from those who seek to abuse, violate or use them for their own personal interests.
Internet Safety for Children
- Safe Online Surfing
Teaching children internet safety in game form.
- Internet Safety 101
Parent guide to Internet dangers such as pornography, cyberbullying and more.
- Rules ‘N Tools Checklist (PDF)
Protecting children with both safely rules and software tools.
- Sextortion Becoming Major Problem with Minor Children
- Beware of the YouNow App!
- What is “Grooming”?
- The Child Predator Report
According to the most reliable studies, among girls 15 and younger who become pregnant, 60% to 80% of them are impregnated by adult men. This pedophilia is being hidden from law enforcement by mandatory reporting laws being intentionally ignored by clinics providing pregnancy testing and abortion services, and these facilities often actively assist in circumventing the laws.
- Promoting Pedophilia
Pedophilia is an ongoing problem and how many are trying to justify it.
- Child Molestation and the Homosexual Movement
The author, Steve Baldwin, demonstrates conclusively that there is an element of the homosexual
culture that thrives on underage boys.
- 12 Ways Homosexual Adults Endanger Children
Pornography is a real and present danger to our children. Pornography is easily accessible and can pose mental, emotional and even physical dangers. Pornography and sex trafficking have much in common. Be knowledgeable and proactive to protect your children!
- Protecting Children in Cyberspace from ProtectKids.com
Excellent resources for understanding the dangers and how to protect our children in our cyber world.
- Is YOUR child watching porn? The devastating effects graphic images of sex on young minds
Timeless advice for parents in our porn saturated culture.
- Convergence: Uniting Leaders to Combat Sexual Exploitation in the Mobile Age
Videos relevant for today that address pornography, sex trafficking and how to mobilize to combat exploitation.
- DOJ publishes Reisman’s full Playboy study
This study remains relevant as our society moves from Playboy and similar magazines to Internet porn sites, videos, and so much more.
The Porn Pandemic: The Devastating Effects on Children & Families
The Human Trafficking of children is undeniably one of the most reprehensible methods of exploiting a child, and the threat is ever-increasing. The MN Child Protection League works to alert people to this threat and provide resources to help parents protect their children.
Research indicates that children as young as 12 years of age are being recruited into the commercial sex industry. Minnesota ranks 13th in sex trafficking – nationwide. That statistic alone sounds the alarm for every parent to be on high alert in order to ensure their children are kept safe while at school, work or play.
- Signs of Sex Trafficking and How to Report (PDF)
- How does your state rate?
• Toolkit and Reports from Protected Innocence Challenge
• Trafficking in persons reports from US Department of State
- A Stolen Life: Adolescent Human Trafficking and Exploitation (PDF)
Do you know the facts about human trafficking? Who are the victims and who are the perpetrators? You will learn how human trafficking works and how prevalent it has become. Know the signs.
- The Normalization of Sexual Harm and the Sexualization of Children (PDF)
- Child Predator Report
A chilling report with actual cases, tapes and warnings. Parents, a must read. Among girls 15 and younger who become pregnant, 60% to 80% of them are impregnated by adult men. Pedophilia is on the rise. The victims are our children.
- Human Trafficking on Your Campus (PDF)
Now anyone can be a target, even the person you least expect. What parents can watch out for and how families can question schools.
Stop Sex Trafficking: The Call to end 21st Century Slavery
Minnesota ranks 13 th in the nation in sex trafficking. Unfortunately the issues presented in this video are still relevant and sobering as Donna Hughes, PhD looks at this dangerous and harmful industry.