Legislative Issues and Bills 2019
Issues and potential bills are happening so fast that it is difficult to keep up! Because the legislature changed the rules so that potential bills are being sent from committee to committee, it makes it even harder for the average citizen to track where the bills are and what is happening.
This is where CPL can help you! You can receive up to the minute news through our CPL email updates. Just sign up using the Receive Email Updates form below the Donate Now button.
We are doing our best to keep you informed so that you can submit public comment, contact your legislators and even attend a committee meeting. Below is background information on a few of the bills CPL is tracking.
- Constitutional Amendment, HF13
- Mandated Comprehensive Sexual Health Education (CSE), HF1414
- The ‘Bullying Bill’ reauthorized, HF1026
- Prohibit Counseling for minors, HF12
- Home visiting and setting up a universal child care system, HF1, et al
If you have any concerns or additional information that would help us to keep you informed, please let us know by using our CPL Online Form. Thank you! Together we can make a difference.
Links to some of the Anoka Hennepin School Board meeting testimonies and resources
[The numbers in parentheses after each testimony indicate where their testimonies may also be viewed in the embedded link at the end.]
- Child Protection League testimony, Michele Lentz (14:15)
- Parents Action League testimony, Barb Anderson (12:57)
- Letter from Liberty Council, Mary McAlister (submitted in writing)
- Letter from Alliance Defending Freedom, Doug Wardlow (20:10)
- North Star Law & Policy Center, Renee Carlson, Esq, (1:10:47)
- Dr. Olson Testimony (50:33)
- Hands Across the Aisle, Emily Zinos (17:30)
- MN School Board Association, Guidance on Transgender Issue, March 7, 2017 (resource included here by CPL)
- American College of Pediatricians letter to New London-Spicer School Board (resource included here by CPL)
- Gender Dysphoria in Children, Michelle Cretella, MD (resource included here by CPL)
All of the testimony may be viewed on the school district’s website. (March 20th, “Communications, Delegations & Petitions.”)
Islam and Gender Confusion Issues
Two important resolutions passed at the MN February precinct causes for consideration to be included to the Party platforms. Question your candidates for public office about their support for these resolutions. Share and discuss at public events.
Dayton Appointees Insert Mandatory ‘Social Justice’ into Teacher Licensing
Newly appointed members of a new MN teacher licensing agency are overriding legislators to force an extremist ‘social justice’ agenda on teachers and classrooms. Read the CPL article, Intellectual Takeout Article and then TAKE ACTION!
Note: Evidence that the PELSB went beyond its legal authority in redefining the legislature’s definition can be seen by the introduction of a bill in the 2018 session, HF4301 with 16 co-authors that would have redefined ‘cultural competence training’ to match the definition of the PELSB. The bill did not get a hearing; however, the effort to get revised PELSB language into law was so important to the social justice activists that they raised the issue on the House floor during debate on the Omnibus Education Bill where they debated this definition extensively.
This PELSB language revision is such an egregious violation of the constitutional right of the legislature to pass our laws that, if the Administrative Law Judge does approve the Rule on the definition of ‘cultural competency training,’ lawsuits will likely be forthcoming.
Shop Till You Drag: A Mall Drag Show
First it was Drag Queen Storytime at the libraries. Now it is Drag Shows at the mall. Yes, Rosedale Mall is advertising a “Shop Till You Drag: A Mall Drag Show” on a Sunday afternoon, May 19, 2019. Parents, is this what you want your children exposed to as you walk innocently through a mall? Women, this a mockery of women. Do you want women depicted in this manner?
Tell your friends and family to avoid the mall that day and send a note to the Rosedale mall management of your disapproval. The more complaints they receive, the less likely they will be to host such an event again.
Keep Your Children Home on Day of Silence
On Friday, April 12, 2019, schools all over the country will allow students and teachers to refuse to speak all day. The Day of Silence is a tool of the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN) to force all school children, their parents, teachers and administrators to support and affirm this false and dangerous paradigm by remaining silent. By refusing to speak, they marginalize those who disagree.
Read more at A Day of Silence? and The ‘Day of Silence’ Walk Out.
Governor Doubling Down on Obama Transgender Policy
In a major course correction, President Trump withdrew the Obama administration’s threat to withhold federal funding if schools don’t comply with gender inclusive policies…The Governor and the Department of Education are exerting even greater pressure on districts to adopt the now-rescinded Obama policy. [Continue reading…]
St. Paul Public Libraries Expose Toddlers to Drag Queen Story Hours
Hiding behind the banner of ‘inclusiveness’, young impressionable children are being exposed to sexual
confusion and perversion before they can even read or grasp any understanding of human sexuality. St. Paul Public Libraries issued a press release announcing a summertime 3-part “Drag Queen Story Hour” for toddlers and youngsters. The event is advertised as “glitz, glamor and stories” with each event featuring “two performers who will read stories, sing songs, and strut their stuff for an over-the-top story hour”. Read Drag Queen Story Hours and take action!
- Contact St. Paul Public Libraries and tell them Drag Queen advocacy is abusive to children and an egregious misuse of public funds. Director: Catherine Penkert, 651-266-7073, email@example.com
- Look up your own library online. Will they be hosting similar story hours? Contact them.
- Inform your legislative candidates. Find out if they can tell you why publicly funded libraries are no longer a safe place for children!