Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is the umbrella for social engineering concepts that have infiltrated our schools such as Critical Race Theory, gender ideology, equity, Comprehensive Sex Education and even with religious overtones.
Christian Schools Should Not be Duped by Social Emotional Learning
Social Emotional Learning is widely used in our public schools and is infiltrating private schools, including Christian schools. In this article, Alen & Julie Quist examine the suitability of SEL in schools in general and specifically in Christian schools.
- Social Emotional Learning and the Christian School (PDF)
- Social Emotional Learning and the Christian-School Abbreviated version (PDF)
Quists’ article was featured in Alpha News, Christian schools should reject social-emotional learning.
Don’t be fooled! Social Emotional Learning has been given many names (“knowledge-based learning,” literature-based,” “data driven program”) that make it more “sellable,” more appealing but regardless of the name, it is still the same ideology.
Teachers are trained in “mapping cultural values” which means identifying a student’s “personal cultural values and preferences.” This information is collected in a “data dashboard” and measured to see whether an individual demonstrates change in regard to attitudes, feelings and behaviors. The results are entered into a national SEL data bank. It is an invasion of privacy.
- Social Emotional Learning Palmcard (PDF)
Produced by CPL and distributed at CPL presentations and events.
- Social Emotional Learning Talking Points (PDF)
Eleven key talking points in opposition to SEL. Useful for legislators or anyone who wants an overview of SEL and the dangers it poses when implemented.
- Will Your Children Soon Be Eating Bugs?
In this CPL email update, discover how the globalists at the UN recognize the usefulness of SEL in reshaping and transforming your child into a compliant, controllable, predictable, champion of every Sustainable Development Goal. Behavioral modification (SEL in classrooms) is used to reach their goals (i.e., psychological manipulation, brainwashing and mindfulness training).
- Questions to Ask your School about Social Emotional Learning
Excellent questions to ask your school and how SEL is being used in your child’s classroom.
- 15 Harmful Effects of SEL (PDF)
You will want to read this comprehensive guide with references to understand the full scope of what Social Emotional Learning is and the dangers this curriculum presents.
- SEL a Vehicle for Critical Race Theory and Equity
According to CASEL, the leading national developer, promoter, and funder of SEL, the highly touted 5 SEL competencies are benign values to be inculcated into all students, forming the new core of “transformational education.” However, according to their own documentation, the 5 SEL competencies are to be interpreted and applied through an “Equity” lens. The 5 SEL core competencies that are Cultural Marxist indoctrination are rapidly replacing academics as our nation’s core curriculum.
As explained in these articles, SEL or more accurately the program of in-school “psychological training” for children has become a major vehicle for the Critical Race Theory movement.
- Social Emotional Learning – Don’t be fooled by the title (PDF)
Explains SEL in simple terms and exposes the hidden agenda behind SEL.
- Data Mining Your Child (PDF)
Explains how to opt out of these invasive surveys.
- Courage is a Habit (CIAS)
CIAS offers useful guides for parents to defend their children from indoctrination in K-12.
- How SEL Fools Parents into Compliance (PDF)
- SEL: Trauma Informed Practice (PDF)
- Indoctrinating Children in Plain Sight: The CASEL Wheel (PDF)
- Cult Fiction: The language game of Social Emotional Learning (PDF)
- Decoding the Language Game: How SEL fools parents into compliance (PDF)
- What About the Kids Who Need Help? False narrative of SEL (PDF)
- Social Emotional Learning Webinar (25 minute video)
A Child Protection League webinar by Barb Anderson that explains what SEL is and how it is affecting children in our schools.
- SEL 101 (20 minute video)
An excellent overview of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) which has infiltrated most schools. Additional information about SEL at Purple for Parents, producers of the video. Ways SEL Is Implemented in the Classroom
- How ‘Safe Schools’ and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Indoctrinate Our Children
Our experts, Stella Morabito and Dr. Karen R. Effrem, unmask the agenda behind ‘safe schools’ and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) in these video presentations with accompanying PowerPoint slides.
Ways SEL Is Implemented
Transformative Mindfulness Education
- What Does “Mindfulness” Have To Do With Education?
Mindfulness is one of many SEL competencies which have replaced academic mastery in public education, shifting curriculum away from academic content, facts, and information to a psychosocial focus on the whole child– body, mind, and spirit.
- The Mindfulness and Social Emotional Learning Connection
A parent encounters SEL in the Milaca School District and discovers it is teaching Hinduism and New Age Enlightenment.
- SEL and Spirituality: Instructional Implications
This article introduces and promotes the dangerous idea that training students into the practice of eastern spirituality called Mindfulness by incorporating it into the teaching of SEL is acceptable.
- Opt Out Sample Letter
SEL sample letter to opt out a student from SEL mindfulness and Buddhist meditation training provided by Jan Markell with Olive Tree Ministries. (attached in both Word and PDF)
In the Classroom and Beyond
- CASEL Advancing Social Emotional Learning
The biggest advocate pushing SEL into the classroom is CASEL. Althought it sounds good, beware of the underlying goals for SEL. Their website states, “The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning is helping make evidence-based social and emotional learning an integral part of education from preschool through high school.” (emphasis added)
- Teachers Are Now Performing Monthly Mental Health Exams on Your Child
If you live in an ESSA state, your child’s mental health will be assessed by a non-medical professional in a non-medical context. Parents are not asked permission and the paperwork can be shared with anyone. Read the whole article and be armed!
- The Miss Kendra Program: Social and Emotional Trauma Exposed (PDF)
Our academic institutions are being turned into therapeutic institutions. Children are being exposed to and traumatized by subjects that are irrelevant to academics. Read this review by Barb Anderson to see how this curriculum meets that definition.
- Four ‘Social and Emotional Learning’ Programs That Won’t Corrupt Your Child
Fight to keep SEL requirements out of state curriculum standards. If SEL does become a requirement, advocate for programs created by people who are unconnected to the global SEL conglomerate. List of alternatives: My Hero Journey, Real Essentials, Dash into Learning, The Positivity Project.
- Social & Emotional Learning: Gateway to Islam & LGBT Acceptance
SEL is the most recent educational strategy for transforming attitudes, values and belief of children. It has little to do with academics.
- New Vision for Education: Fostering Social and Emotional Learning through Technology (PDF)
Strategies to push implementation of SEL, a globalist agenda by the World Economic Forum.
- University of Minnesota Extension Using SEL
SEL has even infiltrated youth development programs such as 4-H. SEL sounds inviting and educational but ask yourself what and whose values are the children learning? Listen to the “politically correct” words used in children’s vocabulary — “safe spaces, cultural responsiveness, Indigenous Circles, work father…” Notice also that data is gathered using incentives, such as candy, Instagram, etc., which in turn is used to produce “best practices” research.