What is CSE?is is what comprehensive sex education is: Your child can have any kind of sex anywhere, anytime, with anybody, at any age, and it’s perfectly normal.
- CSE removes all natural and protective boundaries for children and teens, encouraging early sexual exploration in graphic detail.
- CSE uses porn-like images and graphic descriptions to teach children as young as 10 that all “consensual” sexual activity is their “right”. Example: It’s Perfectly Normal
- CSE teaches kids how to:
- “consent” to sex
- to masturbate
- experience climax
- claim bodily autonomy for abortion rights
- promote multiple sexual orientations and gender identities
- get referrals for abortion and gender counseling with no parental involvement or notification
- have “safe” vaginal, oral and anal sex
- CSE allows unlicensed Planned Parenthood and gender activists into your child’s classroom to teach these dangerous and unhealthy practices.
- CSE grooms children for early sexual activity making them vulnerable targets for sexual abuse, experimentation and trafficking.
What is Comprehensive Sex Education and why should you be concerned about it? (6 minute video)
In 6 short minutes you will learn what CSE is, the organizations behind it, the worldview it represents and sample curriculum.
War on Children: Exposing the Comprehensive Sexuality Education Agenda (11 minute video)
SIECUS, Planned Parenthood and Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE): What’s the connection?
SIECUS (Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States) is the umbrella organization of Planned Parenthood and together have launched a national movement to advance Comprehensive Sex Education (CSE) in every state and in every school in the nation. SIECUS and Planned Parenthood are the key proponents and lobbyists/activists for CSE.
The SIECUS curriculum goes beyond teaching sexual health education. In their own words, “Sex ed is a vehicle for social change. Full stop.” The goal is to build a foundation for a long-term culture shift. “SIECUS Guidelines for CSE calls for expanding comprehensive sexuality education programs to children as young as five years old….. It should also be noted that according to SIECUS’s own position statements, they believe that sexually explicit visual, printed, or online materials can be valuable educational or personal aids…”
- SIECUS Strategic Framework (PDF)
- Letter to the Editor: Sex education has agenda by Barb Anderson (PDF)
Scientific Authority for Schooling on Sex K-12 (PDF)
A timeline of the progression of Sexual Education in our schools. Find out who creates, researches and publishes what has become known as Comprehensive Sex Education.
Ways to Help Stop CSE
Help us get the word out about CSE because this curriculum is already in many of our schools! We need people in every corner of the state to inform others about CSE and the harm it is for our children.
- Educate yourself about CSE through our Resources.
- Find out what curriculum is being used in your local school district. If it is CSE curriculum, inform people you know in the district and begin an organized effort to replace it. Hold an informational meeting in your area.
Talking with Your School District & Evaluating Their Sex Ed Curriculum (PDF)
- Distribute literature from Child Protection League (CPL) to friends, family, neighbors, churches and community events. Stop CSE Palm Card (PDF).
Let CPL know about your organizing efforts so we can help support your efforts at Contact Us.
- Sign up to receive our newsletters using the form Receive Email Updates. Email information from CPL to people you know.
- Contact your legislators and voice your concerns about Comprehensive Sex Education.
Meeting With Your Legislators About the Proposed CSE Mandate (PDF)
- Sample CSE Data Request Letter (PDF)
Sample CSE Data Request Letter (Word Doc)
- CSE Toolkit (PDF)
- Stop CSE Palm Card (PDF)
- It’s Perfectly Normal samples
- 15 Harmful Elements of CSE
- Evaluation of Rights, Respect, and Responsibility Based on 15 Harmful CSE Elements (PDF)
An example of evaluating curriculum against the 15 Harmful Elements of CSE
- Seven Reasons to Reject “Comprehensive Sexuality Education” (PDF)
Briefing Paper by International Organizations Research Group (IORG)
- Are Comprehensive Sex Ed Programs Effective? (PDF)
- Re-Examining the Evidence for Comprehensive Sex Education in Schools (PDF)
by Stan E. Weed, Ph.D and Irene H. Eriksen, M.S.
Abstract of Report (PDF)
- Washington State STD Graphs (PDF)
Meeting with Public Officials:
- Talking with Your School District & Evaluating Their Sex Ed Curriculum (PDF)
- Meeting With Your Legislators About the Proposed CSE Mandate (PDF)
- Current MN State Law on sex education
- Find Your State Law on sex education
Videos to Inform and Share
- Understanding CSE Legislation Process
Presented by Julie Quist and Michele Lentz
Training Video CSE Legislation part 1
Training Video CSE Legislation part 2
- CPL Protect Kids Rally: Planned Parenthood Sexualizes Children in Minnesota (5 minutes)
- Engage CA: Karen England Reviews the CSE Curriculum (14 minutes)
Karen was our keynote speaker at the CPL Protect Kids Rally (PDF)
- Monica Cline (28 minutes)
Monica is a former CSE Planned Parenthood educator who awoke to the affects CSE has on children
- Comprehensive Sexual Health Education (CSE) Webinar (31 minutes)
presented by Barb Anderson
Short clips of webinar:
Is Comprehensive Sex Ed on the Map?
The language in 2019 of the CSE mandate, HF1414, was added into the education omnibus bill. It was never taken up in the Senate and the Senate refused to include it in the conference committee. Therefore, the bill never went farther from that point for the year.
In 2021, essentially the same CSE language was introduced as a new bill, HF358, that passed in two committees in the House, always on strictly party line votes. As in 2019, the Senate didn’t schedule a hearing on it. The only way to get it through to the Governor to sign would be to again insert the language into the House education omnibus bill and then hope that the Senate would keep it in the final conference committee negotiations.
Because the Democrats knew the HF358 bill would be another public display with a roll call vote for which every one of their members would be held accountable in the 2022 election, they did not include the language in their education conference committee. This victory is the result of the controversy that all of us created the last time and for all the people who showed up this year to testify against the bill in committee!
We know this issue is not going away because CSE is a high priority issue for the left. HF358 could also be added into next year’s omnibus education bill. However, the left is using a new strategy by going school district by school district to get CSE into the local curriculum. The majority of parents are unaware. Once CSE is in most districts, the legislators can get it passed at the state level without too much opposition.
We need your help especially at the local level! Refer to Ways to Help Stop CSE and get engaged!
On April 23, 2019, a majority of State Representatives in the MN House voted to mandate every Pre K-12 public/charter school to teach “Comprehensive” Sex Ed (CSE). It was never taken up in the Senate.
On September 22, 2019, CPL held a Protect Kids Rally (PDF) to send a message to legislators to protect our children from this forced school mandate! We had nearly 800 concerned parents and citizens from throughout the state including some of our MN legislators.
Rally: Planned Parenthood Sexualizes Children in Minnesota (5 minute video)
- Legislative Session 2019 Mandated CSE
- MN Bill HF 1414
- HF1414 the K-12 Comprehensive Sex Education Mandate (PDF)
A closer look at the words in the bill and what they really mean.
- CSE Mandate HF1414 Handout
- Rep. Eric Lucero re: Mandated CSE (11 minutes)
Speaking in support of the Bennett amendment to delete the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Mandate, exposing the Planned Parenthood-endorsed CSE curriculum book for 4th graders, It’s Perfectly Normal
- Rep. Peggy Scott re: CSE Mandate (5 minutes)
Speaking in support of the Bennett amendment to delete the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Mandate, exposing Planned Parenthood’s roll in the bill
- Rep. Peggy Bennett re: Mandated CSE (10 minutes)
Speaking in support of her amendment to delete the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Mandate
- A Yes Vote Response
A constituent contacted their House representative with concerns about the CSE mandate. The legislator sent his constituent this defense of his yes vote HF 1414 Defense from House Member (PDF)
ROLL CALL VOTE ON CSE MANDATE
Download Roll Call Vote (PDF)
This is the MN House roll call vote for the April 23, 2019 Rep. Peggy Bennett amendment to delete the mandate to teach comprehensive sex education to all MN pre-k through 12th grade public/charter schools.
A YEA vote is a vote to delete comprehensive sex ed (HF1414) from the omnibus education bill HF2400.
A NO vote is a vote to keep mandated comprehensive sex ed in the education bill. The Bennett amendment failed 58-73. The four members not voting were not present at the time of the vote.
- The Bennett amendment to delete the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Mandate failed, 58 to 73.
- The Scott amendment to allow school districts to opt out of the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Mandate failed 55 to 74.
- The Scott amendment to require licensed teachers to teach the Comprehensive Sexual Health Education Mandate failed 57 to 75.
Roll Call Votes (PDF)